THIS WHITE SPLENDOR WITH THE NUTTY-CREAMY TASTE IS AN EYE-CATCHER AT EVERY PART
Especially in the magical winter time, at a theme party or at Christmas, the snowman cake is a hit, especially with children! It looks fabulous, tastes delicious and is also versatile and versatile.
All you need is a steady hand for decorating, some time and love for the garnish. A recipe that actually contains eggnog. If you make the snowman cake for children, you simply replace the eggnog with milk.
Due to the nutty-creamy taste, the cake is very popular with children, but the cake is also very popular at parties among adults.
Tip: If you try the cake, it is better not to be on a diet - the sweet sin is definitely addictive!
Snowman cake recipe
You need this for the preparation
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams of sugar
- 250 milliliters buttermilk
- 100 milliliters of milk
- 50 milliliters of sunflower oil
- 200 grams flour (finely ground)
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 100 grams of ground almonds
- 150 grams of sour cream
- 1 jar of morello cherries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 4 sheets of gelatin
- 50 grams of cornstarch
- 2 oranges
- 2 packets of no-cook custard powder
- 700 grams of cream
- 40 grams of any ground nuts
- Chocolate lentils, orange
- Chocolate sticks (1 pack)
- some cocoa powder
- some couverture
You will need a 26mm baking pan. It is best to grease this form right at the beginning and dust it with flour. At the end of the preparation you will also need a cake ring and cake plate. Then set the oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat.
- First, beat the eggs with the sugar. Then the buttermilk with the milk. Then fold the mixture together with the oil into the egg mixture.
- Stir the sifted flour into the mixture together with the ground almonds and baking powder. Now pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes at the set temperature in the lower third of the oven.
- Let the base cool down and then cut it into three parts (horizontally). This gives you three bases for the cake.
- Now crumble the top of the bases in a bowl, add the sour cream and milk and mix.
- In a saucepan, heat the morello cherries (drained), together with the honey and possibly some cinnamon, and stir in the cornstarch. Cook the whole mixture until it thickens and has a pudding-like consistency, then remove from the heat.
- Then soften the gelatin slices in cold water. Now add the gelatine to the cherry mixture. Then peel the oranges, fillet them and cut them into small pieces. Stir in the “without cooking” vanilla sauce powder.
- In another bowl, whip 300 grams of cream until stiff, then add the ground nuts. Now all the prepared masses and assembled.
- Place one of the cake bases on the cake plate and close the cake ring around it. Place the orange filling on top and spread evenly.
- Then put half of the cherry filling on top, smooth out. Now spread half of the cream filling on top as a third layer and then put the crumbled batter mixture on top.
- At the end spread the other half of the cherry mixture on top. Now place the last layer on top and spread the second half of the cream mixture on top.
The cake should now be refrigerated for at least three hours.
- Melt the couverture over a water bath.
- Then use a wooden stick or needle to drop small droplets onto a piece of baking paper and let them dry. Whip the remaining 400 grams of cream until stiff.
- Remove the cake from the cake ring and brush the edge with whipped cream. Put the remaining whipped cream in a piping bag and pipe little snowmen onto the cake. Decorate them with the chocolate drops (eyes,...).
- Garnish the nose with the orange lentils and place a chocolate stick between the arms of the snowmen. If you like, you can now use some cocoa powder for pollination. Otherwise, refrigerate the cake until ready to eat and then enjoy!
There are no limits to your imagination when it comes to decorating! Be inspired by the following video, among others: